Chase bank branches conference rooms were not used a lot throughout the day. Although they were using resources such as heat and air conditioning, they were not contributing to revenue.
Analysis & Research
I researched products, companies, and banks to see if they offered a similar service. My research also looked at other industries that had any such features. The key take away was that there was nothing even close to it.
As the lone UX designer (and UX writer) on this project, I was responsible for product design and in-product content that would help customers book conference rooms with the least amount of friction. I worked with a project manager who believed, like me, that we could push the envelope with a design approach that would improve Chase's user experience design at that time.
We didn't have access to Chase customers, so I decided to conduct guerrilla testing with 5 coworkers who were not involved with the project. They were presented with a series of tasks to complete, as well as asked about what they understood from the content. I used the feedback from this to iterate on the design and content.
Since Chase's design system wasn't available to us, I created visuals using Chase's branding colors that I found on their online properties.
The branding of this product had to reflect what Chase looked like at that time, with a few key differences such as flat design and minimal dropshadows under elements. The goal was to give the product a modern look, while still keeping it within Chase's branding.
Since the wireframes had already been tested and iterated upon, the only change at this stage was skinning the design. Due to a rapidly-approaching deadline, I decided to skip testing the visual design since results from earlier tests made me confident that the design and content were at a good place.
The completed design was accepted by Chase and was delivered to them for development by their own in-house team. This success of this project served as the basis for bringing in more work from Chase.